UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW)
59th Session • March 9 - 20, 2015
Implementing the Beijing Platform for Action
- Equality, Development and Peace: 2015 and Beyond
In preparation for the 59th session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women in March 2015, CWGL drafted a statement to encourage UN Member States to fulfill their human rights obligations toward the full realization of women’s rights.
- March 9, 2015 (2:30pm): Equality, Development and Peace: 2015 and Beyond, Armenian Convention Center, Ballroom 2, 602 2nd Ave (at 35th St), New York, NY.
- March 10, 2015 (11:30-12:45pm): Post 2015 Women's Coalition event, UN Headquarters, Conference Room 11, New York, NY.
- March 10, 2015 (12:30-2pm): Political Will & Public Will Fine Tuning for Gender Advocacy, Armenian Center, Guild Hall, 602 2nd Ave (at 35th St), New York, NY. Sponsored by IFWLC, Due Diligence Project, WUNRN, Musawah and CWGL.
- March 11, 2015 (6pm): City University of New York Law School’s Dean’s Social Justice Award, 2015 recipient Charlotte Bunch, CWGL Founding Director & Senior Scholar, Long Island City, NY.
- March 11, 2015 (8pm-12am): CWGL Dance Party! Celebrating International Women's Day, Katra Lounge, 217 Bowery St (2 blocks south of Houston St), New York, NY.
- Marh 12, 2015 (10:30am): Gender-Based Violence in Conflict and the Role of Donor Government Policies in Supporting Access to Comprehensive Post-Rape Care, Armenian Convention Center, Ballroom 1, 602 2nd Ave (at 35th St), New York, NY. Sponsored by CHANGE, Human Rights Watch, EngenderHealth and CWGL.
- March 12, 2015 (3-5pm): Post 2015 Women's Coalition General Meeting, Baha'i International Community offices, 866 UN Plaza, Suite 120, New York, NY.
- March 13, 2015 (4:30-6pm): 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence Campaign Discussion, UN Church Center, Boss Room, 8th floor, 777 UN Plaza, New York, NY.